WNC offers short-term classes throughout semester
Courtesy Steve Yingling, Western Nevada College
Even though the fall semester has already started at Western Nevada College, there are a variety of classes for individuals to enroll in over the next few months.
Short-term classes are available in biology, construction, early childhood education, emergency medical services, human development and family studies, and political science.
Returning students can register for classes at my.wnc.edu. New students can begin the registration process at wnc.edu/starthere/.
Here are the short-term classes available on the Carson City campus and online:
- BIOL 251: General Microbiology Lecture and Lab, Oct. 23 to Dec. 13, lecture on Tuesdays and Thursdays 4 to 6:45 p.m., followed by Lab 7 to 9:45 p.m.
- CONS 198: Special Topics in Construction – BPI Certifications, Sept. 18 to Dec. 11, Tuesdays 7 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- CONS 205: Construction Site Safety, Nov. 9 and 10 and Nov. 16 and 17, Fridays 4 to 7 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Early Childhood Education
- ECE 129: Environment for Infant/Toddler, Saturday Oct. 6 and Oct. 20, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emergency Medical Services
- EMS 100: Healthcare Provider CPR (two sessions), Sept. 22 or Nov. 3, Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Human Development and Family Studies
- HDFS 201 4001: Life Span Human Development, Oct. 22 to Dec. 15, online class
- PSC 100 4002: Nevada Constitution, Oct. 22 to Dec. 15, online class