Red Cross responds to help family after fire

Photo courtesy of the American Red Cross

The American Red Cross responded to help a family in Fernley after a house fire Thursday morning.

According to North Lyon County Fire Protection District public information office Jim Sullivan, the fire was a grease fire that was contained to the stove and kitchen.

Fire Chief Jason Nicholl advised residents not to use flour on a grease fire.

“Baking soda is good for grease fires, but not flour,” Nicholl said.


The Red Cross said it provided assistance for two adults and four children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *