NV Energy announces PowerShift to help customers save energy and money
The Fernley Reporter
With the temperature outside already reaching 95 degrees, NV Energy is announcing a new program aimed at helping customers conserve energy and save money.
PowerShift by NV Energy is designed to help customers use less energy and lower their power bills while keeping their homes cool and comfortable with a variety of energy services.
“Air conditioning typically accounts for 50 percent of a summer electric bill, which is why PowerShift by NV Energy offers its customers the free Smart Thermostat service to ensure their cooling systems are working as efficiently as possible,” said Pat Egan, Senior Vice President of Customer Operations. “With PowerShift by NV Energy, we want to remind our customers that they can effectively manage their energy use by taking full advantage of this service to help them minimize the impacts of the hot summer weather.”
The Smart Thermostat service can lower air conditioning costs for an average single-family home by as much as $100 a year. Participating customers will receive free of charge up to four smart programmable thermostats with energy-savings technology, online access, a free mobile app, and 24/7 customer support. Customers can benefit from further savings by participating in Community Energy Events initiated by NV Energy during times of peak summer energy demand. These events help reduce the overall electric load at a time when energy costs are higher for everyone.
Also recommended are the following conservation tips, which are helpful throughout the year, but even more important during the hot summer months:
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home and 80 degrees when you are away.
- Sign-up for the free Smart Thermostat to automatically set your air conditioner to operate when needed and to shut down when it’s not needed, usually when the home is unoccupied.
- Maintain your air conditioner by regularly changing air filters and cleaning condenser coils, making sure they are free from debris.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with more efficient LED bulbs, which can save approximately $7 per year on energy costs for each bulb installed.
- Use your outdoor barbecue, rather than your kitchen oven, when possible to prevent excess heat build-up in your home.
- Use pool trippers to reduce the time your swimming pool pump runs–eight to twelve hours a day is plenty.
Customers can also avoid spikes in summer bills by signing up for NV Energy’s Equal Payment Program, which takes a customer’s average power usage from the last 12 months and divides it into equal monthly payments.
For more information on how to participate in any PowerShift by NV Energy service visit nvenergy.com/powershift.
2 thoughts on “NV Energy announces PowerShift to help customers save energy and money”
Is your offer of a smart thermostat a scam or what?
I’ve tried for two weeks to get thru on the phone. I also applied on your web page.
I do NOT wish to go paperless. I wish to continue receiving my report by mail.
My name is:
Joan A. Marcotte
8528 Crest Hill Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89145