Courtesy Steve Yingling, Western Nevada College
Learning doesn’t stop at Western Nevada College between the end of fall semester and the start of spring semester.
This five-week period between semesters provides students with the opportunity to take classes during winter session.
WNC offers accelerated online courses in three and five-week increments for full credit.
This means students can get ahead or catch up in the degree they are pursuing, or individuals can take a class that interests them.
Register now for 5-week classes that begin on Monday, Dec. 19 and end on Friday, Jan. 20 and three-week courses that start on Tuesday, Jan. 3 and conclude on Friday, Jan. 20.
To view winter session classes and their descriptions, go to wnc.edu/class-schedule/.
Courses are offered in Art, Biology, Core Humanities, Communication, English, History, Information Systems, Management Science, Mathematics and Psychology.
Five-week online classes offered by WNC are:
• Life in the Oceans (BIOL 113)
• Intro to Cell & Molecular Biology (BIOL 190)
• The Modern World (CH 202)
• Composition II (ENG 102)
• Novels Intro Film (ENG 200)
• Intro to Environmental Science (ENV 101)
• Survey of U.S. Constitutional History (HIST 111)
• Fundamentals of College Mathematics (MATH 120)
• Precalculus I (MATH 126)
• Precalculus II (MATH 127)
• Psychology of Personal/Social Adjustment (PSY 102)
If you want to wait until the holidays have passed, WNC offers 3-week, accelerated classes starting on Jan. 3:
• Visual Foundations (ART 100)
• Art Appreciation (ART 160)
• Ancient and Medieval Cultures (CH 201)
• Introduction to Interpersonal Communication (COM 102)
• European Civilization to 1648 (HIST 105)
• The Roaring 20s (HIST 290)
• Introduction to Information Systems (IS 101)
• Organizational Behavior (MGT 323)