Courtesy Lauren Slemenda, Western Nevada College
Western Nevada College’s Community Education Department is now enrolling students for a variety of summer courses, including old favorites like R.I.P.P.E.D. Fitness and brand new classes like self-defense. Community education classes are open to anyone in the Northern Nevada community and are designed to accommodate a variety of schedules and budgets.
Upcoming classes include:
- Watercolor Exploration – For new and continuing students, this class explores the expansive possibilities of watercolor.
- RIPPED Fitness – A fun group exercise class for all ages and fitness levels.
- Zumba – A dance-based fitness class that takes the work out of your workout!
- Self Defense – Learn to identify and overcome threats to your personal safety.
- Computer Basics – Take the mystery out of using your computer and learn to navigate the internet, create documents, share photos and e-mail your loved ones.
- Introduction to Calligraphy – Learn to write in this beautiful style and complete a text of your choice, suitable for framing.
- Pysanky – Learn the magical art of Easter Egg painting using a wax resist dying process.
- Introduction to Illuminated Text – Learn the art of decorating text with gold, silver and other decorative artwork.
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification – Prepare for the unexpected and gain the confidence to perform life-saving procedures when they’re needed most. This course is OSHA-compliant.
- American Red Cross Babysitter Training – This course provides youth who are planning to babysit with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and responsibly care for children and infants.
Interested community members can visit www.wnc.edu/continuing-education or call (775) 445-4268 for more information or to register. Senior and employee discounts are available.