Council meetings to be live streamed
Robert Perea, The Fernley Reporter
Following an emergency directive by Governor Steve Sisolak that suspends the requirement of a physical location for public meetings, the Fernley City Council will be live streaming its upcoming meetings.
That directive also requires public bodies to find an alternative way for the public to participate without having to be physically present.
The Fernley City Council will be conducting official City Council meetings as follows:
- • Wednesday, April 1 at 5 p.m. – Regularly scheduled Council meeting
- • Thursday, April 2 at 5 p.m. – Budget hearing
- • Friday, April 3 at 5 p.m. – Budget hearing
Each of these meetings will be live-streamed (audio only) at https://civplus.tikiliveapi.com/channel/cityof-fernley-city-council-meetings, which can be heard over any mobile device, tablet, or computer. The public will have the ability to be heard by submitting a comment or question to be read into the record during the meeting.
Anyone wishing to comment can mail all questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City Clerk will read those comments and questions into the record. There are two opportunities for public comment, once at the beginning of the Council meeting, and second before the meeting adjournment.
For more City of Fernley updates regarding COVID-19, please stay tuned to the city’s webpage at www.cityoffernley.org or follow its official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CityofFernley/.
For additional information or questions, contact the City Manager’s Office at (775) 784-9858.
The city is asking all residents to help to minimize and lessen the spread of COVID-19 by following the Governor’s orders, and the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention by encouraging social distancing, proper and frequent handwashing, and utilizing proper etiquette when sneezing and coughing.
COVID-19 Websites and Phone Hotline:
• State of Nevada Health Response – https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/
• Quad County Region – https://gethealthycarsoncity.org/novel-coronavirus-2019/
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019- ncov/index.html
• Quad County COVID-19 Hotline – (775) 283-4789