95A Motor Sports Complex: Pro Stocks shine

Courtesy Dan McGee,

The 95A Motor Sports Complex hosted a race that featured pro stocks as well as its regular classes. It was a night full of racing with some close finishes.

After the dust settled on the Pro Stock main, Jay Sears said, “It as fun, I have so many fun races with Jeff. Me and him raced so many years together we’re pretty courteous and clean so we have a lot of fun out there. Track was definitely difficult, a little bit hard to get it figured out but once you got it figures out you could roll the bottom in three and four and you could ride anywhere in one and two. It was fun and a good time.”

Then he thanked car owner Travis Petersen for letting him drive the car. He also expressed appreciation to the crew as the car was stripped to the frame and rebuilt over the past year. Earlier in the day it was involved in an incident at Fallon, but the crew had fixed in time.


When the green waved to start the 25-lap main Sears took off and soon had David Ausano giving chase. Back in the pack Jeff Olschowka was moving through on his way to the front.

The Pro Stocks had the race of the night when winner Jay Sears dueled Jeff Olschowka.

Once Olschowka was second, it was game  on. Lap after lap, he challenged Sears with some side-by-side or nose-to-tail action.

A cauton for debris briefly slowed the pace, then when the green waved, the leaders took off. Soon Olschowka had his hands full holding off a determined Auasno.

The duel for second allowed Sears some breathing room, but soon Olschowka was back giving chase. In the final laps, Robbie Grace took over second dropping Ausano to fourth at the finish.

Up front, Sears claimed the victory with Olschowka about eigth tenths of a second behind him.

When the IMCA main began, Shawn Natenstedt grabbed the lead. Behind him Steve Evenson and another car had contact but were able to keep going.

Then there was a caution when one car hit the wall at the entrance of Turn 3.  After that, an incident sent Evenson to the pits and out of the race for rough driving.

The IMCA main was all Shawn Natenstedt as he left everyone in his dust.

On the restart, Natenstedt took off with Zach Cail giving chase. At the back of the pack, Missy Natenstedt was getting her racing legs back after a long lay off and soon began charging through the pack.

She finished fifth behind teammate Dave Sciarroni, who ended up fourth, while Dave Dsute Jr. was third.

In the end, it was all Natensted as he was in cruise control with Cail coming home second.

Six Sport Mods were on hand, but it took two attempts to get their main started. When the green sent them off, Craig Nieman took off and roared away to score the win.

Craig Nieman won the Sport Mod main.

Behind him, his wife Shayna Nieman ended up second after a duel with third place Joey Pearson.

Nine Hobby Stocks started their main, but soon things slowed when a car trying to pit stopped on the exit. On the restart, Royce Goetz used an outside move to take the lead. 

Then there was another caution for a couple of cars. Finally the last one came after one of the cars had its engine blow up.

After winning the Hobby Stock main Randy Boyd takes a victory lap.

Finally, with five to go, racing resumed and Randy Boyd was on point with Rocky Goetz taking second from his brother Royce. They would finish in that order.

At the awards presentation Boyd said, “It was really exciting five or six laps door to door with Royce. After that I was worried about the guys behind me. Have to thank my wife, Icon Pistons and Royce’s pit crew.”

Five Pure Stocks/Gen-X racers took the green flag. Up front the battle lines were drawn as Travis Shorty Showe was on point with Suzie Schmitt giving chase.

Lap after lap they zipped around the track and were separated by only two tenths of a second at the checkered flag. They scored the closest finish of the night.

Pure Stocks has the closest finish of the night when Travis Shorty Showe just beat Suzie Schmitt.

Afterwards Showe said, ” I honestly felt she was going to get me so I found her line. Then I stuck with it and let it. There are a few rough spots on the track, but it was fast.”

Then he thanked his girlfriend, parents as well as sponsors Fallon Towing and Recovery and Jacobson’s Fabrication.

Normally the Bootleggers run on a watered slick track and contact is permitted. On this night, the water truck was empty so it would be a race without contact.

When the green waved, Bryan Parkhurst was on point, then he soon was challenged by Logan Sage, who took over the point. Soon after that, with some bumping, Ray Blankenship took over the lead.

That bumping caused two cars to get flat tires replaced and there was a caution for debris on the back stretch.

Bootlegger winner Stuart Satathite takes the checkered flag.

When racing resumed, Stuart Satathite and Parkhurst took off. In the end Satathite would win with Parkhurst, driving a wounded car, ended up second ahead of Jesse Showe.

After the race Satahite said, “It was pretty bumpy in the beginning but was pretty good actually. I need to thank my mom, Terri Satathite, who passed away.”

Next event for the track is the two-day show on October 10 and 11 that will also end the I-80 Challenge series. So it will be one evening and a day that will bring area racing to a close.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *