Courtesy Steve Yingling, Western Nevada College
There is no need to delay taking classes until next year at Western Nevada College.
WNC has you covered with a variety of late-start classes during the current fall semester.
These classes are almost exclusively offered online starting on Oct. 26 and ending the week before the Christmas holidays, but there are a few exceptions. Build your schedule with classes including communication, education, management, CISCO Technologies, blueprint reading, golf, political science, American Sign Language, and counseling and personal development.
Here are the late-start classes that WNC is offering this fall — all of which will begin in either October of November (in person classes are noted):
• Intro to Group Communication (COM 215) beginning Oct. 26
• Counseling and Personal Development, Career Choices & Changes (CPD 123) beginning Oct. 26
• Cisco Technologies class, CCNA Routing Protocols (CSCO 121), sessions offered in person and on web starting Oct. 26-Dec. 16
• Early Childhood Education: Observation Skills (ECE 122) and Principles of Child Guidance (ECE 204) beginning Oct. 26
• Education classes: Nevada School Law (EDU 210) and Teachers Technology (EDU 214) starting Oct. 26
• Recreation and Physical Education: Golf (PEX 117) — Offered Nov. 11-30 at the Ranch Course at Genoa Lakes Golf Club
• Human Development and Family Studies (Lifespan Human Development HDFS 201) beginning Oct. 26
• Management classes, Principles of Management (MGT 201) and Fundamentals of Management Theory Practice (MGT 310) beginning Oct. 26
• Political Science, Nevada Constitution (PSC 100) starting Oct. 26
• American Sign Language, ASL II (AM 146) beginning Oct. 26
• Blueprint Reading for Industry (DFT 110) offered in person Nov. 17-30
• Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BIOL 223) offered in person with some lab work beginning Oct. 26. Note: There are prerequisites for this course.
For a full list of classes and course descriptions, go to wnc.edu/class-schedule/.
For information about becoming a student at WNC, go to www.wnc.edu/starthere.