Courtesy Steve Yingling, Western Nevada College
Western Nevada College has revamped its Continuing Education program and is now geared toward providing career training and professional development, as well as offering a variety of personal enrichment classes like it has in the past. Many students qualify to have their course costs fully covered through community partnerships, and all Continuing Education students can now check out Google Chromebooks, receive bus passes to cover transportation needs and access tutors for assistance with coursework.
“The focus of our program has always been meeting the needs of our community, said program coordinator Lauren Slemenda. “We are thrilled about these new developments, which offer us the flexibility to meet students where they’re at and help them get where they want to be.”
Because of COVID-19 restrictions, all training programs and classes are being presented online at this time.
For students looking to start a new career or gain skills to advance their existing career, choose from Advanced Career Training programs that WNC is now offering.
Among the online choices is a CCA Medical Billing and Coding program. The program covers Medical Terminology, Health Care Law and Medicare and prepares you to take your national certification exam. CCA Medical Billing and Coding can be completed in less than a year and covers 340 total class hours. WNC provides a student adviser and ongoing career placement assistance. Learn more about the program at https://bit.ly/39dQHq2.
Other Advanced Career Training Programs now available are:
• Certified Professional Life Coach: Professional life coaching has grown into a $2 billion industry, with demand for certified life coaches on the rise. More and more, organizations are hiring coaches to help their employees develop leadership capabilities and increase performance and productivity. This life coach certification course teaches the critical skills needed to establish a successful business.
• Pharmacy Technician: Pharmacy technicians support licensed pharmacists in providing health care to patients. Train to enter this rapidly growing field with this respected online program.
• Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt: This course bundle will introduce you to the Six Sigma process of improvement and prepare you for the first two levels of certification, yellow belt and green belt.
• Certified Administrative Professional: Prepare to take the Certified Administrative Professional exam offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals with this fully online program, which covers a broad selection of skills and knowledge to prepare you to work effectively as an administrative assistant.
• Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist: Unlock the door to an up-and-coming career with this fully online program from the National Healthcareer Association. This course will prepare you for the Electronic Health Record Specialist Certification exam and your exam fees are included in your registration cost.
• Certified Medical Administrative Assistant: Contribute to the smooth flow of patients through a medical office as a skilled multitasker. This online program will prepare you to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant through the National Healthcareer Association. Your course fee includes the cost of the certification exam.
• Freight Broker/Agent Training: Become a part of the exciting trucking, freight logistics and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or freight broker agent. This online program will provide you the knowledge and resources you need to break into the shipping industry and obtain your brokerage licensing/authority from the federal government.
• Grant Writing: Learn the essentials of writing or acquiring grants for private, public or government use with this comprehensive online course.
• Retail Customer Service Skills Training: Prepare for a career where you will always be in demand with the skills and knowledge to work in retail customer service.
Many of these programs can be completed in 6 months or less, with tuition including all course learning materials. Students who complete the course with a passing score receive a Certificate of Completion from WNC Continuing Education. Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify. Contact WNC’s admissions counselor via email at Kelly.email@example.com or by phone at (887) 221-5151.
WNC’s Continuing Education Program is also offering professional development courses such as Homeschool with Success, Creating A Classroom Website, Introduction to Google Analytics, Achieving Success with Difficult People, and more.
Online personal enrichment classes are also being tendered such as Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners, Keys to Successful Money Management, Lose Weight and Keep It Off, Learn How to Buy and Sell on E-Bay, Stocks, Bonds and Investing: Oh, My!, Introduction to Interior Design, and more.
For more information, phone 775-445-4210, visit wnc.edu/continuingeducation or email firstname.lastname@example.org.