The Fernley Reporter
Ageless Aviation Dreams will be taking to the air next Wednesday, June 22 out of Tiger Field in Fernley.
Darryl Fisher founded Ageless Aviation Dream Flights in 2011. The Foundation uses three 1940’s Boeing Stearman airplanes to give Dream Flights, primarily to seniors and military veterans, living in senior housing communities, at no charge.
The airplanes are staged in different locations to allow AADF the opportunity to honor seniors and veterans around the United States. Since 2011, AADF have had the privilege of providing more than 1,000 Dream Flights in 31 states.
Join them for a free pancake breakfast, great conversation and a chance to honor a veteran by watching them take flight.
Breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. Opening ceremonies start at 8 a.m. with the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps and Northern Nevada Veterans Coalition. The first flight will take off at 8:30 a.m.
Among those who are scheduled for Dream Flights are:
- Doren DeNeal, 80 Years Old (Served 1953-1956 U.S. Army/Korea)
- Darrel Sherman 90, (Served 1943-1946 and 1948-1960 U.S. Navy and Air Force/ WWII and Korea)
- Gary Kase, 84, (Served 1950-1954 U.S. Navy/Korea)
- Pat Crossland, 71, (Served 1961-1966 U.S Navy/Vietnam)
- Jim Caughron 68 Years Old (Served 1969-1976 U.S. Army/Vietnam)
- Cathy Roth, 70, (Niece of Lois Brooks Hailey, who was called to the Pentagon by General Hap Arnold to help create WASP (Women’s Airforce Service Pilots). Cathy was Secretary to David Wilson, staff assistant to President Nixon)
- Diana Etcheverry, 70, (Flying for her husband, who served 1946-1948 U.S. Army/WWII)
- Tommy Taylor, 85, (Served 1949-1953 U.S. Air Force)
- Ray Greene, 77, (Served 1955-1959 U.S. Army/Vietnam)
For more information, contact Mary Wells at (775) 815-1339.