The annual Fernley Hometown Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Celebration is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 9th at 3 p.m.
The parade will travel down Main Street, beginning at the intersection of Locust Street and Main Street, and will continue east where it will end at the historic Fernley Depot.
Upon the conclusion of the parade, the annual Depot tree lighting will begin, including caroling, music, and holiday festivities. Children will have the opportunity to visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus inside the Depot, and enjoy hot cocoa with the Lyon County Sheriff’s Deputies.
Please join us for this rare opportunity to celebrate inside one of only two national historic buildings in Fernley!
The Hometown Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Celebration is sponsored in part by the following entities:
- Fernley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Fernley
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office
- Pioneer Crossing Casino
- Fierce Entertainment of Nevada
The grand marshal for this year’s parade will be the Fernley High School Athletic Department. Please join us as we celebrate the many successes of the Fernley High School athletes over this past year.
- The parade and tree lighting will happen rain or shine, remember to dress accordingly as there may be a brief wait outside of the Depot to meet Santa Claus.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the parade begins to allow time for parking and picking out a prime parade-watching seat.
- Parking will be available for the Depot along Main Street, Lois Lane, and Silver Lace Boulevard.
- If you would like to register to be in this year’s parade, registration will begin at 2 p.m. at the Fernley Chamber office, located at 70 N. West Street.
For more information, please call the Fernley Chamber of Commerce at (775) 575-4459 or e-mail email@example.com.