Fernley Convention and Tourism Authority opens second grant cycle
The Fernley Convention and Tourism Authority (FCTA) is pleased to announce the opening of the second grant cycle for fiscal year 2018.
Grant funds are intended exclusively to develop, promote, and improve tourism to and within the City of Fernley. Funds may be used for no other purpose.
The FCTA is looking for projects that are consistent with the FTCA’s goals and objectives. Projects should identify a specific target market, and offer a specific strategy for reaching this market.
These funds are for activities and programs that promote tourism to and within the City of Fernley during the period of Jan. 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018.
All applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. The FCTA Board will review and make grant application selections during their Dec. 11, 2017 meeting.
Grant applicants will be notified when the agenda is available for review. Attendance at the meeting is strongly encouraged. Applications without representation at the Board’s Funding Review/Allocation meeting will not be considered for funding.
One of the goals of the FCTA is to grant requests for funds generated by the Transient Lodging Tax to outside agencies for use in any of the following areas:
- Advertise available accommodations, hotels, motels, restaurants, etc., within the City of Fernley
- Advertise available transportation, bus, air, etc.
- Advertise natural resources and climate
- Advertise special events
- Advertise the resources of the City of Fernley
- Reimbursements of budgeted expenses for special events, which have been approved by the Board Past recipients of grant awards have included the Fernley High School Marching Band, Fernley Farmers Market, Fernley Junior Rodeo, Senior Pro Rodeo, and Wreaths Across America.
For information on how to apply and additional guidelines, please visit http://www.cityoffernley.org or contact Phoebe Bender at (775) 784-9858.