The Fernley Reporter
Seven more veterans whose remains have until now been unclaimed will receive full burial honors.
The Nevada Veterans Coalition will conduct its ninth mission at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery [NNVMC] by honoring seven veterans whose remains have been in the care of a local mortuary, yet remained unclaimed.
Services will be conducted with full military honors for the following seven veterans at 2 p.m., Friday, April 13, at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 14 Veterans Way, in Fernley:
- John Barker (1953-2009) served in the US Army 1971-1974 Vietnam
- James Morris (1922-2005) served in the US Army 1943-1953 WWII/Korea
- Harland Osmus (1927-2003) served in the US Army Air Force 1945-1947 WWII
- Jay Peck (1907-1982 served) in the US Army 1943-1945 WWII
- Gene Radcliffe (1930-1997) served in the US Navy 1948-1950 Cold War
- Steven Rockelman (1946-2008) served in the US Army 1964-1967 Vietnam
- Richard Sarver (1925-1975) served in the US Army 1944-1945 WWII
Government officials, the public and media are invited to attend.
The Nevada Veterans Coalition thanks Walton’s Funerals and Cremations for their vast database to work from; National Personnel Records Center [NPRC] and their vast team of researchers; all of the Nevada Veteran Coalition [NVC] members’ countless volunteer hours; the NVC Honor Guard and various other escorts; and the staff at Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery [NNVMC] for guiding them through the proper procedures to get these veterans home where they belong.