The Fernley Reporter
The Missing in America Project supported by the Nevada Veterans Coalition will conduct its fourth mission at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery by honoring 16 veterans whose remains have been in the care of two area mortuaries, yet remained unclaimed.
Services will be conducted with full military honors for the following 16 veterans at 3 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 17, at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 14 Veterans Way, in Fernley Nevada.
- Bernard Roginski (1925-2016) served in the US Army/Navy 1943-1975 WWII Korea Vietnam Bronze Star
- Edgar Strauss Jr (1924-2016) served in the US Army 1943-1945, WWII
- Robert Evans (1927-2010) served in the US Army 1946-1948 WWII
- Fred Berlett (1910-1983) served in the US Navy 1927-1948 WWII
- Roosel Bates (1908-1986) served in the US Army 1942-1945 WWII
- James Baker (1907-1986) served in the US Army 1945 WWII
- Clinton Bogie (1920-1988) served in the US Navy 1942-1946 WWII
- Leslie Blakeman (1923-1985) served in the US Navy 1942-1947 WWII
- Raymond Bodine (1923-1987) served in the US Army 1942-1945 WWII
- Donald Anderson (1926-1986) served in the US Army 1952-1954 Korea
- Douglas Willick (1933-2005) served in the US Army 1950-1958 Korea Purple Heart
- James Spendal (1937-2015) US Army served from 1957-1959
- Donald Parkyn (1934-2014) served in the US Army 1955-1957
- Kenneth Beyer (1939-2014) served in the US Navy 1957-1957
- Raymond Depoorter (1940-2013) served in the US Army 1963-1967 Vietnam
- Thomas Carlson (1947-2016) served in the US Army 1969-1976 Vietnam
- And one veteran’s spouse, Gisela Maes (1943-2014)
The purpose of the Missing in America Project is to locate, identify and inter the unclaimed cremated remains of veterans through the joint efforts of private, state and federal organizations; to provide honor and respect to those who have served this country, by securing a final resting place for these forgotten heroes. MIAP is a non-profit, 100% volunteer organization. For more information, visit www.miap.us.
Nevada Veterans Coalition is donating their bus and driver to carry the cremains which will be escorted by members of the Nevada Veterans Coalition in conjunction with the Missing in America Project, followed by other participating veteran focused organizations.