Robert Perea, The Fernley Reporter
The Nevada Veterans Coalition will conduct its fifteenth mission of the Missing in Nevada project at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery [NNVMC] by honoring 15 veterans whose remains have been in the care of a local mortuary, yet remained unclaimed.
Services will be conducted with full military honors for the following 15 veterans at 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 12 at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
- Joseph Gaines (1943-1980) served in the US AIR FORCE 2 Nov 1960-30 Oct 1964
- Albert Gawenit (1914-1981) served in the US ARMY 17 Jul 1942-27 Jan 1946 WWII
- Chester Geil (1911-1977) served in the US ARMY 26 Jan 1944-09 Dec 1945 WWII
- Joshua Gillette (1917-1987) served in the US ARMY 23 Jun 1942-01 Dec 1945 WWII
- Carl Grim (1912-1986) served in the US ARMY 11 Dec 1941-17 Oct 1945 WWII
- George Griswold (1921-1986) served in the US ARMY 11 Feb 1943-09 Apr 1946 WWII
- Robert Gurney (1914-1983) served in the US ARMY 9 Apr 1944-14 Nov 1945 WWII
- Lee Guyse (1907-1985) served in the US ARMY 12 May 1941-18 Dec 1945 WWII
- Frank Hall (1920-1988) served in the US NAVY 14 Dec 1939-03 Mar 1946 WWII
- Jack Herrmann (1923-1979) served in the US ARMY 20 May 1943-22 May 1946 WWII
- William Hibbett (1923-1984) served in the US NAVY 01 Jul 1943-30 Mar 1946 WWII
- Peter Holahan (1912-1979) served in the US ARMY 21 Aug 1943-29 Apr 1945 WWII
- Edward Huber (1920-1984) served in the US NAVY 21 Jul 1944-13 Feb 1946 WWII
- Richard Keefer (1928-1981) served in the US NAVY 14 Jan 1946-2 Sep 1947 Korea
- William Knapp (1928-1985) served in the US NAVY 23 Oct 1945-14 Jul 1946 WWII
Government officials, the public and media are invited to attend.
The Nevada Veterans Coalition thanks the National Personnel Records Center [NPRC] and their vast team of researchers; all of the Nevada Veteran Coalition [NVC] members’ countless volunteer hours; the NVC Honor Guard and various other escorts; and the staff at Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery [NNVMC] for guiding them through the proper procedures to get these veterans home where they belong.