Courtesy Steve Yingling, Western Nevada College
Winter session classes at Western Nevada College are filling up fast so don’t wait to register for the 5-week short-term classes that start on Dec. 21 and the 3-week courses that begin on Jan. 4.
Registration ends Dec. 21 for the 5-week classes and Jan. 4 for the 3-week courses. All courses will be offered online and end by Jan. 22.
Choose between Art, Biology, Core Humanities, Education, English, Environmental Science, History, Information Systems, Management Science, Mathematics, Nutrition, Philosophy, Sociology classes, and more. These accelerated online courses give students a chance to catch up on their units to graduate on time and to get ahead in their areas of study.
Classes available for Dec. 21 through Jan. 22 are:
• The Modern World (CH 202)
• Foundations of Personal Health & Wellness (CHS 102)
• Introduction to Special Education (EDU 203)
• Introduction to Environmental Science (ENV 101)
• Survey of U.S. Constitutional History (HIST 111)
• Fundamentals of College Mathematics (MATH 120)
• Precalculus I (MATH 126)
• Precalculus II (MATH 127)
• Organizational Behavior and Interpersonal Behavior (MGT 323)
• Human Nutrition (NUTR 121)
• Principles of Sociology (SOC 101)
Classes available for Jan. 4-22 are:
• Visual Foundations (ART 100)
• Art Appreciation (ART 160)
• Ancient & Medieval Cultures (CH 201)
• Composition I (ENG 101)
• Composition II (ENG 102)
• Novels into Film (ENG 200)
• European Civilization to 1648 (HIST 105)
• The Roaring ’20s (HIST 290)
• Introduction to Information Systems (IS 101)
• Introduction to Ethics (PHIL 135)
For those waiting for spring semester, check out the list of classes being offered at wnc.edu/class-schedule so you can register early for the in-person and online classes that start on Jan. 25.
PHOTO CAPTION: Madi Shek studies online at Joe Dini Library at Western Nevada College in February 2019.