March 18, 2020
The Lyon County Sheriff’s Office is also taking precautionary measures to reduce public gatherings and promote social distancing as recommended by the CDC and the State of Nevada.
1. The main office in Yerington will remain open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MondayFriday.
2. The substations in each of the other areas of the county to include; Dayton, Silver Springs and Fernley will be open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. closed from 12:00 to 1:00p.m. Monday – Friday, unless otherwise posted.
3. We strongly urge the citizens needing services to come in only if it is absolutely necessary. We have a lot of information available on line or you may call to get your questions answered.
1. CCW permit
A. Original applications — If you are making an original application please submit your application as normal. Realize that your application maybe delayed but it will not be ignored.
B. Renewals-if you need to renew your permit and it is getting close to the expiration date don’t panic. We will not revoke your permit providing you contact one of our offices and provide your name and expiration date. We will then process your renewal at a later date. You do not have to come in.
2. Sex offender Registrations-during this time of crisis the State is not going to revoke those who may be affected. Once things settle down and we are able to get back to regular operations we can process your registrations at that time. If you are able to please contact one of our offices and notify staff of your intentions.
3. Civil Service operations will continue as normal.
4. Volunteer Services-as stated in earlier releases we are suspending VIP operations at this time. Once a determination is made on when we can resume these services information will be disseminated.