The Fernley Reporter
The Nevada State Treasurer’s Office is now accepting applications for the Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarship. Applications must be submitted before midnight on April 2, 2018. This scholarship is awarded to two students, one in Northern Nevada and one in Southern Nevada, who are majoring in elementary or secondary education with the intent of teaching in Nevada.
Students are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Must currently be an eligible Millennium Scholar;
- Must be entering his/her senior or last year of college with 90 or more credits at an eligible institution;
- Be enrolled in and remain enrolled in a course of study leading to licensure in elementary or secondary education;
- Maintain a college grade point average of not less than 3.5 on a 4.0 grading scale;
- State a commitment to teaching in Nevada upon graduation; and
- Have a commendable record of community service.
Applications will be reviewed and chosen by the Board of Trustees of the College Savings Plans of Nevada. Each winner will receive an award not to exceed $4,500 to be used for tuition, registration and laboratory fees as well as for purchase of textbooks and course materials and other related expenses.
For more information, and to apply, please go to http://www.nevadatreasurer.gov/GGMS/What/